Coming back from an injury or need a tune up? Check out these maintenance and rehab plans.
It’s important to strengthen your body when coming back from injury. You need to take a very cautious approach to this and only do what feels comfortable. Consult with your physician or physio where applicable. Maintaining strength over time is important, try one of our maintenance workouts.
“Your enthusiasm is infectious and I am sure the whole experience wouldn't have been the same without your input!” – Donna J
Why is Strength Training good for Runners?
Strength training is great for runners in the following way:
- Increases the strength of muscles used during running.
- Run better and more comfortably.
- Avoid injuries and be a stronger runner.
- Can increase speed, endurance, and overall performance.
Running Divas Membership – Our Running for Beginners Training Plan Includes:
- Training: a detailed week-by-week running for beginners training plan to help you meet your goals. Plus comprehensive strength and conditioning training programs to complement your running.
- Nutrition and hydration: general guidelines to help you find the right balance for you. Plus hydration strategies for every stage of your training and racing.
- Injury prevention and management: includes recovery, stretching and rehab guidelines.
- Women's health: lots of topics that affect us as women who run and how to work through them.
- Positive mind strategies: positive mind techniques to replace the negatives you have about yourself and your abilities.
Strength Training Extra – our Strength Extra Includes:
- Workouts: upper, lower, core and full body workouts.
- Video: learn for good form with awesome online videos.
- Levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced workouts. Rehab and Maintenance included.
- Duration: varying length workouts from 4 to 14 weeks.
- Downloads: down your strength program if you prefer the paper version.
Nutrition Extra add-on – Our Running for Beginners Training Plan Includes:
- Menu plans: nutritional programs for staying healthy through each phase of your training. Lots of dietary preferences are catered for so finding what works best for you is easy.
- Recipes: for every meal of the day, with lots of options and dietary preferences.
- Grocery shopping lists: convenient ingredient lists so you can quickly get everything you need to turbocharge your training.
Membership Benefits Include:
- Unlimited access to a full range of training programs ranging from beginner to ultra marathon.
- Day-by-day training sessions for running, strength exercises and cross training.
- Lots of positive mindset coaching strategies.
- Anything and everything you need to know to run well at any age and level of running experience.
- Over 300 articles specifically written for Running Divas by qualified female health professionals.
- Support of our online community via a closed Facebook group.
- A comprehensive range of nutritional programs, healthy eating strategies, meal plans, recipes (Nutrition Extra add on).